Monday, February 2, 2015

Synesthesia (R1)

Synesthesia is a phenomenon that has not only interested me but has made me wish I had the power to do so! I feel this correlation of senses can be valuable when creating various kinds of art. This predisposed pattern that naturally occurs in the subject's mind can develop a specific style of thinking that can be constant in their works of art. I never knew there were so many types of Synesthesia and I feel research on this ability is vital in understanding what makes people talented in certain areas and how people think in general. I think a lot of people have very weak forms of synesthesia and might not realize it. For example, When I listen to music I visualize certain shapes to certain notes sometimes but it is not as strong or consistent to classify as synesthesia. I'm sure others have this blending of sense to one degree or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment